1. Taking part in this competition means that you have read and understood these
terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
2. The competition organiser may require participants to show valid identification.
3. Participants must hold a valid passport and non UAE-citizens must have a valid
4. Upon entering this competition, contestants acknowledge and confirm that they
1) are in compliance with the laws and legislation in force in the United Arab Emirates
and 2) they are individuals, and not companies or business or professional entities.
5. The competition shall be held from July 02, 2015 through July 16, 2015 (subject
to the actual dates of the month of Ramadan). On each day the competition closes
6. How to participate: Participation in this competition takes place online via
http://competition.visitabudhabi.ae, and is subject to completing the registration
form on the site as well as answering one question (in Arabic or English). Each
day there is a different question to answer.
7. Contestants agree to participate in all advertising and promotional activities
as requested by the organiser, and the organiser reserves the right to use winners’
details in any promotional activity and material as the organiser may require. Any
information provided by participants is fully owned by the organiser, and the participants
have no right to claim otherwise.
8. Prizes: One prize may be won daily. This shall be determined by the competition
organiser and announced via the competition website.
9. Each day the winner shall be determined through an automatic and random selection
of entries that contain correct answers. This is done at the organiser’s sole discretion
and the participants have no right to criticise or evaluate the judges’ decision.
10. All contestants are allowed to participate on each day of the competition. However,
a participant may only win a maximum of two prizes throughout the month of Ramadan.
11. The final judgement and decision shall be at the organiser’s sole discretion
the participants have no right to claim otherwise.
12. The winner of each daily competition will be notified the next day via email.
The daily winner will also be announced on the competition website. Each winner
must collect their prize no later than August 31, 2015 at 16:00 (UAE time). In the
event the winner cannot do so for any reason, whether this is due to a failure to
abide by these conditions, or if the winner cannot be contacted, or the personal
information provided is incomplete or incorrect, their prize shall be revoked, and
the competition organiser shall be entitled to disqualify the participant and select
alternative winners according to their complete discretion. This process shall apply
in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions or with any other
requirements announced by the competition organiser to the contestants, who shall
not be entitled to object to the competition organiser’s decision in this regard.
13. The competition organiser reserves the right to terminate or alter the competition
or alter its terms and conditions on any day that they sees fit before the end of
its duration, and they shall also be entitled to change the prize details or replace
it with an equivalent value if necessary, with no requirement of prior notification
before doing so.
14. The prize will not be transferable to another person. No part of a prize is
exchangeable for cash or any other prize. If necessary, the competition organiser
may replace the prize or present a prize of the same or greater value. The winners
themselves must collect the prize.
15. Incomplete personal information, information submitted late, or information
that does not comply with the rules set out by the competition organiser shall be
deemed unacceptable for the purpose of this competition, and all information entered
is considered to be the property of the competition organiser and may not be returned.
The competition organiser may utilise this data for the purpose of its official
16. The competition organiser shall not bear liability for any damage, loss, injury,
and so on incurred by a contestant that participated in this competition, or for
any event that occurs as a result of their not accepting the prize. Further, the
competition organiser will not bear liability for any problems or technical breakdowns
incurred by any computer, system, server, service provider, software, hardware,
or for any email failure or interference that happens to their account, or any internet
issues or failures, or for anything that is encountered on any website, including
any injury that occurs or represents a result of participation in the competition
or downloading competition materials
17. Competition organiser information: Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA
Abu Dhabi). PO Box 94000, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
18. The organiser is only responsible for providing the competition prizes. The
organiser is not responsible for any other costs or associated obligations, such
as transportation or entry permits. The organiser is not responsible for any visa
requirements at any stage.
19. This competition is subject to the laws in force in the United Arab Emirates,
and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi in all matters not covered by these conditions. The
courts of Abu Dhabi shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising